Updates from the plenary sessions of both chambers of the National Assembly will now be shared in PLAC’s LEGIST newsletter to create increased reach.
For the week beginning on June 7, both chambers of the National Assembly held plenary sessions. On Tuesday, June 8, the Senate received the Annual Report of the Auditor-General for the Federation on the Accounts of the Federation for the year ended 31st December 2015 (Part 1) from its Committee on Public Accounts, among other activities. In the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila delivered opening remarks in which he addressed the ban on Twitter operations by the Federal Government, and directed relevant committees of the House to invite the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, for a briefing session on the ban. The House received two correspondences from President Muhammadu Buhari; one on his decision to transmit the Harmonized Retirement Age for Teachers in Nigeria Bill, 2021 for consideration and passage and the other seeking the confirmation of Major General Farouk Yahaya for appointment as Chief of Army Staff (CoAS).
Click the links below for more updates on the activities of the National Assembly this week.
- Updates from the Plenary Session of the House of Representatives Tuesday, 8 June 2021
- Updates from the Plenary Session of the Senate Tuesday, 8 June 2021
- Updates Form the Plenary Session of the House of Representatives Wednesday, 9 June 2021
- Updates for the Plenary Session of the Senate Wednesday, 9 June 2021
- Updates from the House of Representatives Plenary Session Thursday 10 June 2021